Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: Conventions

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,171

    Default Conventions

    Just wondering how many of you go to gaming conventions? Or which ones you have been to or recommend? I saw one advertised for MineCon in Las Vegas in November. It just made me think of how many people actually go to these and what they think of them. Also if this is a thing you do on a regular basis what was the best one you have been to? And what kind of prices can one expect to pay for them?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Conventions

    I do go to conventions, but not on gaming genre. Mostly cosplay, toys and anime conventions. It's a good way to meet up some online friends.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Never been to one because there is none held in my remote area. I'd love to check one out one day though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Conventions

    Quote Originally Posted by zer0 View Post
    Never been to one because there is none held in my remote area. I'd love to check one out one day though.
    If I may ask, from what country or place are you?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,570

    Default Re: Conventions

    Quote Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
    I do go to conventions, but not on gaming genre. Mostly cosplay, toys and anime conventions. It's a good way to meet up some online friends.
    Why not? You're not into gaming conventions or not heavy into games? Cause of course, that would affect your opinion of the conventions. Can't say for sure i'd enjoy a gaming convention either. Though i do like other kinds of conventions like sci-fi conventions, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by GekiDan View Post
    If I may ask, from what country or place are you?
    I know you didn't ask me, but i'm in the US.

    I live just down the road from where they hold Dragon Con. Wanted to go this year but the first time i heard about it, the thing was barely two weeks away so i couldn't get tickets/hotel.

    Next year for sure. I know a guy from a sci-fi forum who is going next year too, so maybe we can do a meetup with some other people we know from his forum.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Conventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dardaigh View Post
    Why not? You're not into gaming conventions or not heavy into games? Cause of course, that would affect your opinion of the conventions. Can't say for sure i'd enjoy a gaming convention either. Though i do like other kinds of conventions like sci-fi conventions, etc.
    I'm not really into gaming but more of toys and Japanese entertainment. The last time I went into a convention was ToyCon. Planning to go to Xmas ToyCon this December.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,570

    Default Re: Conventions

    Did you get a chance to go to ToyCon? If so, hopefully you had fun.
    How was it? Do you have pics to share?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Conventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dardaigh View Post
    Did you get a chance to go to ToyCon? If so, hopefully you had fun.
    How was it? Do you have pics to share?
    Yeah. It was fun with my friends.

    Here's what I got:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,570

    Default Re: Conventions

    Oh nice! Awesome! Sounds like you had a good time. Iron man rocks. lol.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Conventions

    Quote Originally Posted by Dardaigh View Post
    Oh nice! Awesome! Sounds like you had a good time. Iron man rocks. lol.
    I gave that one on my godchild as a gift on his birthday and he liked it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Share

Tags for this Thread